Every year, the Bay Team hosts the USDAA Western Regional at Manzanita Park (17100 Castroville Blvd., Prunedale, CA).
Like most public parks, there are both pros and cons to the location.
- Ample room for competition rings and crating/tents
- Grass fields
- Nearby trails for potty walks with dogs
- Rural location which provides for a less-traveled, more-secure area for the competition
- If the grounds have been watered recently, the footing will be nice and soft
- The fields, while grassy, are not always level….it depends on how many gophers move in that year
- While parking is ample, some cars will end up quite a distance from the entrance to the park, so be sure to bring a rolling cart for your equipment
Personally, I enjoy trialing at Manzanita Park. I believe the Bay Team does a great job of using the park to its’ best potential and creating a competitor-friendly environment.
Have you trialed at Manzanita Park? Do you have any pros or cons to add?
Leave a Reply